Officials Association Central
For the purpose of providing officials' associations with essential tools and information, the MPSSAA has dedicated this page as a central landing spot for the administrative needs of each association. Please be reminded of the following requirements necessary for certification:
- Be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Be a member in good standing with the local MPSSAA-recognized officials' group.
- Complete a MPSSAA-sponsored rules interpretation clinic course for the current year.
- Create a profile (online through the Center of Officials Services/Dragonfly).
- Pass the National Federation examination (75% is the lowest passing score).
- Pay the MPSSAA registration fee (online through the Center of Officials Services/Dragonfly).
On behalf of the MPSSAA, thank you for the service you provide the students and schools in Maryland. Please utilize the tools below to assist your officials in becoming certified.
- NFHS Rule Books
- Association Contact Information
- Rules Interpretation Clinics
- NFHS Exams
- Officials Registration
- Become an Official
- "NFHS Learn" - All MPSSAA officials are strongly encouraged to take the NFHS "Concussion in Sports" course. This 20-minute course will assist officials in learning how to recognize the signs and symptoms of concussions. In addition, courses in heat illness prevention, sudden cardiac arrest, and sport-specific officiating courses are available.