For the purpose of providing officials' associations with essential tools and information, the MPSSAA has dedicated this page as a central landing spot for the administrative needs of each association. Please be reminded of the following requirements necessary for certification:
- Be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Be a member in good standing with the local MPSSAA-recognized officials' group.
- Attend an MPSSAA-sponsored rules interpretation clinic in the current year.
- Pass the National Federation examination (75% is the lowest passing score).
- Pay the MPSSAA registration fee (through the local officials' association).
On behalf of the MPSSAA, thank you for the service you provide the students and schools in Maryland. Please utilize the tools below to assist your officials in becoming certified.
- NFHS Rule Books
- Association Contact Information
- Rules Interpretation Clinics
- NFHS Exams
- Officials Registration
- Become an Official
- "NFHS Learn" - All MPSSAA officials are strongly encouraged to take the NFHS "Concussion in Sports" course. This 20-minute course will assist officials in learning how to recognize the signs and symptoms of concussions. In addition, courses in heat illness prevention, sudden cardiac arrest, and sport-specific officiating courses are available.
200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD21201 | P:410.767.0555 | F:410.333.3111
Office Hours: Mon-Fri:7:30AM - 4:30PM
© Copyright 2020 Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.