Congratulations to all schools and student-athletes advancing to the 2022 MPSSAA State Golf Championships. As we prepare for the championship rounds, the State Golf Committee would like to provide you with some important information and points of emphasis for the tournament.
Golf Championship Central - Use this page for the most recent information on the State Golf Championships including live scoring, hole assignments, and more.
***STATE TOURNAMENT TIME SCHEDULE***
The Maryland State Golf Tournament will tee off at 9:00 a.m. on October 24, 25, 26. Please see the adjusted schedule.
Driving Range Opens……………………….7:00
Coaches Registration 7:30 – 8:00 a.m.
Coaches Scorers/Meeting 8:15 a.m.
Driving Range/Putting Range Closed 8:25 a.m.
Players Meeting/Instructions 8:30 a.m.
Shotgun Start 9:00 a.m.
Upon arrival at the course:
- Each player will be allotted a medium basket of balls for the driving range that can only be purchased in the pro shop for $7.00.
- Driving range assignments will be on the MPSSAA Golf Central webpage as well as posted on the wall inside the club house just outside of the pro shop.
- Coaches must check in around the back of the club house outside the pro shop by the practice green.
- All coaches in attendance will be given an assignment to assist with conducting the state tournament. Coaches may want to bring a chair as some coaches will be assigned to marshall. Re-designating assigned duties without prior approval of the State Golf Committee is subject to “misconduct detrimental to the tournament” and its penalties as found in the MPSSAA Handbook.
- We will use the Golf Genius app for unofficial scoring. All coaches should download the app on their phones prior to the tournament.
- Golf carts will be provided for scorers. Spectators may purchase one cart per person on a first come basis.
During Tournament Play:
- All participants and spectators are subject to the rules and regulations of the University of Maryland Golf Course and the MPSSAA.
- The MPSSAA State Golf Championships are an extension of the educational day. All local school system rules as well as MPSSAA rules regarding the use of tobacco, e-cigarettes, and alcohol are to be followed at all times.
- Spectators are restricted to the cart path and must remain off all fairways and greens.
- All food and drinks for participants must be distributed through the official scorer. Coaches or parents may not directly provide participants with any items during tournament competition.
- Coaches, parents, students, and/or spectators are prohibited from providing direct or indirect advice to players, scorers, and tournament officials throughout the tournament. Failure to comply may result in player disqualification and/or restricting the offending spectator to the clubhouse.
- Distance measuring devices, including portable electronic devices, are allowed and permitted to be shared with other competitors.
- Participants may not ride on golf carts to their opening tee or back to the clubhouse after completing their round.
- The use of a caddie or motorized golf cart is not permitted, unless approved for special accommodations by MPSSAA. Non-motorized push carts will not be available for rent at the state tournament.
- Pace of Play – The MPSSAA State Golf Committee reserves the right to time a group whenever the Committee deems the group to be out of position. Players should also be aware that under USGA Rule 5.6, the Committee may assess a penalty to a player in a group which is out of position if that player makes no effort to help the player’s group get back into position, e.g., such as when a player unduly delays play between shots.
- Regularly confirm scores after each hole with the scorer.
Post round of play:
- After each round scorers and all participants of each group must report to the scoring area to confirm and sign cards.
- Scorers return carts to the same location where they were picked up.
Congratulations to the 2022 District Golf Champions
District 1 - South Carroll
District 2 - Sherwood
District 3 - Eleanor Roosevelt
District 4 - Huntingtown
District 5 - River Hill
District 6 - Dulaney
District 7 - C. Milton Wright
District 8 - Stephen Decatur