MPSSAA Wrestling State Championship Central
2023 Individual Region and State Tournament
Event: MPSSAA Wrestling State Championships
- Individual Tournament - March 2 - 4
- Dual Meet - February 11
- Individual Tournament - The Show Place Arena (Upper Marlboro, MD)
- Dual Meet - North Point High School (Waldorf, MD 20603)
- Individual Tournament - Parking fee information is not yet available.
- Dual Meet - Free
Tickets: Tickets will only be sold online.
- Individual Tournament - Information is not yet available.
- Dual Meet - $12.00 for an all-day pass / $10.00 for just the finals, Age 6 and under are free.
See All The Matches Live on the NFHS Network
State Tournament Brackets and Live Results from Trackwrestling
State Tournament Qualifying
State Meet Advancement - The Coed tournament will take the top-2 from each region into a 1A/2A State Meet or 3A/4A State Meet. The third place finisher becomes an alternate to the state tournament. The girls tournament will take the top-two from each region and additional finishers will be used to fill the brackets.
Dual Meet Brackets
The MPSSAA Wrestling Dual Meet Championships will be a single-elimination tournament. The four regional champions from each classification will be reseeded into a State Semifinal following the regional championships.
- State Semifinal Seeding - The remaining four teams will be seeded based on the region seeding of all four region champions. (Example: North region champion was a 1 seed, East region champion was a 3 seed, West region champion was a 6 Seed, and South region champion was a 8 Seed, North would be state semifinal No. 1 seed, East, No. 2, West No. 3, and South No. 4). Ties will be broken via coin flip.
Dual Meet Tournament Projected Schedule
The following championship schedule will be used. All meets must be held on their designated date unless a graduation or inclement weather occur.
- Regional First Round and Quarterfinals - Tuesday, February 7 (Regional Sites)
- Regional Semifinals and Finals - Thursday, February 9 (Regional Sites)
- State Semifinals and Championships - Saturday, February 11 - (North Point High School) - Tickets