MPSSAA Wrestling State Championship Central
2023 Region and State Tournament
Event: MPSSAA Wrestling State Championships
- Dual Meet - February 11
- Individual Tournament - March 2 - 4
- Dual Meet - North Point High School (2500 Davis Road, Waldorf, MD 20603)
- Individual Tournament - The Show Place Arena (17900 Pennsylvania Avenue, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772)
- Dual Meet - Free
- Individual Tournament - Free.
Tickets: Tickets will only be sold online.
- Dual Meet - All-day pass: $12.00 / Finals only: $10.00 / Age 6 and under are free.
- Individual Region Tournament - $12.00 admission / Age 6 and under are free.
- Individual State Tournament - $10.00 (Thursday), $25.00 Two-Day Pass sold on Friday (Good for Friday/Saturday), $15.00 (Friday or Saturday all day), $10.00 (Finals only - Valid at 6:00PM)
See All The Individual Tournament Matches Live on the NFHS Network
State Individual Tournament Brackets and Live Results from Trackwrestling
Dual Meet State Tournament Information
1A Dual Meet Bracket
2A Dual Meet Bracket
3A Dual Meet Bracket
4A Dual Meet Bracket
The MPSSAA Wrestling Dual Meet Championships will be a single-elimination tournament. The four regional champions from each classification will be reseeded into a State Semifinal following the regional championships.
- State Semifinal Seeding - The remaining four teams will be seeded based on the region seeding of all four region champions. (Example: North region champion was a 1 seed, East region champion was a 3 seed, West region champion was a 6 Seed, and South region champion was a 8 Seed, North would be state semifinal No. 1 seed, East, No. 2, West No. 3, and South No. 4). Ties will be broken via coin flip.
Dual Meet Tournament Projected Schedule
The following championship schedule will be used. All meets must be held on their designated date unless a graduation or inclement weather occur.
- Regional First Round and Quarterfinals - Tuesday, February 7 (Regional Sites)
- Regional Semifinals and Finals - Thursday, February 9 (Regional Sites)
- State Semifinals and Championships - Saturday, February 11 - (North Point High School) - Tickets
State Individual Tournament Qualifying
State Meet Advancement - The Coed tournament will take the top 4 from each region into a 1A/2A State Meet or 3A/4A State Meet. The fifth place finisher becomes an alternate to the state tournament. The girls tournament will take the top-two from each region and additional finishers will be used to fill the brackets.
Individual Tournament Region Meet Projected Schedule
|4A & 3A West
||2/24 - 2/25
|4A & 3A North
|4A & 3A South
|4A & 3A East
|2A & 1A West
||2/24 - 2/25
|2A & 1A North
|2A & 1A South
|2A & 1A East