MPSSAA Football State Championship Central
State Championship Schedule
Thursday, November 30, 2023
Stephen Decatur (H) vs. Huntingtown (V) - 7:00 p.m.
Friday, December 1, 2023
Calvert (H) vs. Paul Laurence Dunbar (V) - 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Henry A. Wise, Jr. (H) vs. Broadneck (V) - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 2, 2023
Fort Hill (H) vs. Mountain Ridge (V) - 12:00 p.m.
North Point (H) vs. Mergenthaler (V) - 3:30 p.m.
Oakdale (H) vs. Linganore (V) - 7:00 p.m.
State Championship Information
Event: MPSSAA Football State Championships
Location: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Annapolis, MD)
Date: November 30 - December 2, 2023
Directions: Click HERE for directions to the stadium.
Tickets: $10.00 admission, Age 6 and under are free. Tickets will only be sold online. Ticket sales will open on November 21 at 12 p.m.
Parking Information: The Naval Academy will charge $10.00 per vehicle and $20.00 for Recreational Vehicles (RV's) and spectator buses.
- Spectators will enter the stadium lots via either parking Gate 5 (Home Teams) or Gate 6 (Away Teams). If entering from Rowe Blvd to Taylor Ave, Gate 6 is located just before the stadium, Gate 5 is located just after the stadium.
- RV's and spectator buses are to enter Gate 5 and park in the Blue Lot.
- Parking can be pre-purchased via Stadium’s ParkMobile event website. Please click on the appropriate day's event and then gate. There is a small technology fee.
- IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have the QR code ready to present to the gate attendants as you pull up to enter the parking lot. This will speed up the entry process. Pre-sales of parking will end shortly before the parking gates open.
- Parking can also be purchased at the entry gates via Credit card or Apple/Google Pay. Cash is discouraged but will be accepted.
NAVY Clear Bag Entrance Policy
Stream the Games Live with the NFHS Network
Live Stats for Each Game
* Any missing media forms were not submitted by the time of posting.
State Semifinal Results
5 Broadneck at 1 Winston Churchill - BROADNECK won 31-7
7 Eleanor Roosevelt at 3 Dr. Henry A. Wise Jr. - DR. HENRY A. WISE JR won 62-21
3 North Point at 2 James Hubert Blake - NORTH POINT won 28-7
4 Mergenthaler Vo-Tech at 1 Perry Hall - MERGENTHALER VO-TECH won 6-0
5 Baltimore City College at 1 Oakdale - OAKDALE won 57-20
6 Northern-C at 2 Linganore - LINGANORE won 56-20
8 Walkersville at 5 Huntingtown - HUNTINGTOWN won 27-7
3 Milford Mill Academy at 2 Stephen Decatur - STEPHEN DECATUR won 35-34
4 Forest Park at 1 Calvert - CALVERT won 17-14
3 Paul Laurence Dunbar at 2 Patuxent - PAUL LAURENCE DUNBAR won 36-29
4 Cambridge-South Dorchester at 1 Fort Hill - FORT HILL won 38-20
3 Perryville at 2 Mountain Ridge - MOUNTAIN RIDGE won 40-14
Region and State Qualifying Information
The MPSSAA Football Championships will be a single-elimination tournament. At the end of the regular season in each of the six classifications, the eight teams in each region, according to the MPSSAA point system will compete in two regional rounds, with two region participants advancing to the state quarterfinals. Final point standings will be posted at the end of the regular season.
- The top two teams from each region will be seeded 1-8 based on their regular season points total. Tie breaker procedures can be found on page 23 in the MPSSAA Football Bulletin.
The following championship schedule will be used. All games must be played on their designated date unless a graduation or inclement weather occur.
Regional First Round- November 2 - 4 (Regional Sites)
Regional Second Round - November 9 - 11 (Regional Sites) TICKETS
State Quarterfinals - November 17/18 (Regional Sites) TICKETS
State Semifinals - November 24/25 (Regional Sites) TICKETS - Sales will open on November 21 at 12 p.m.
State Championships - November 30 - December 2 TICKETS - Sales will open on November 21 at 12 p.m.
Ticket Information For:
Round 1 Regional Games: Admission is $6. Ages 6 and under are free. Ticket sales are determined by the hosting team.
Round 2 Regional Games: Admission is $6. Ages 6 and under are free. Click on any ticket link on this page or visit the GoFan website to purchase. There will be no on-site ticket sales.
State Quarterfinal Games: Admission is $6. Ages 6 and under are free. Click on any ticket link on this page or visit the GoFan website to purchase. There will be no on-site ticket sales.
State Semifinal Games: Admission is $8. Ages 6 and under are free. Click on any ticket link on this page or visit the GoFan website to purchase. There will be no on-site ticket sales.
State Championship Games: Admission is $10. Ages 6 and under are free. Click on any ticket link on this page or visit the GoFan website to purchase. There will be no on-site ticket sales.