Check out this valuable NEW patient-focused sports medicine website! Available from the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM), SportsMedToday.com is geared toward parents, coaches, athletes, and health care professionals.
Visitors to the site will find a searchable database with a variety of sports medicine topics arranged by sport, medical condition (injury/illness), and body part, with topics being added and updated continually throughout the year. Additionally, PDFs are available to print off and share. Launching in conjunction with the website is a new quarterly patient newsletter called Sports Medicine Today featuring articles on current, seasonal sports information written by sports medicine physicians. Additional resources include:
- Explanation of what a sports medicine physician is and why a patient would want to visit one;
- Find-A-Doc function to find a sports medicine physician by name or zip code;
- AMSSM Sports Medcasts (i.e. medical podcasts) produced by AMSSM member experts;
- AMSSM Position Statements, including statements on concussion in sport and overuse injuries and burnout in youth sports; and
- Patient advocacy sites for additional health care resources.
Founded in 1991, the AMSSM is comprised of more than 2,700 sports medicine physicians from across the country that are ideally suited to provide comprehensive medical care for athletes of all ages. This new website contains comprehensive, in-depth information with content continually updated by industry professionals across the country.