For the sixth straight year, Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium hosted the 2022 MPSSAA Football State Championships on December 1 - 3. Note the following:
- Four games were decided by less than 10 points.
- Of the 12 teams competing in the final games of the six classifications, five were returning to the championship game from 2021. (Quince Orchard, Milford Mill, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Fort Hill, and Mountain Ridge)
- Five teams entered championship weekend undefeated. (Quince Orchard, Charles H. Flowers, Milford Mill, Paul Laurence Dunbar, and Mountain Ridge)
- Three teams remained undefeated. (Quince Orchard, Milford Mill, and Paul Laurence Dunbar)
- Three teams captured back-to-back titles. (Quince Orchard, Paul Laurence Dunbar, and Fort Hill) Specifically, Fort Hill avenged their only regular season loss to undefeated Mountain Ridge, keeping the Miners from winning their first state championship.
- One team won their first state championship. (North Point)
- Damascus won their fifth title in the last seven seasons. Fort Hill won their seventh title in the last nine seasons.
State Championship Results
CH Flowers (H) vs. Quince Orchard (A)
Quince Orchard won 32 - 7 (Undefeated and Back-to-Back Champions)
Arundel (H) vs. North Point (A)
North Point won 31 - 14 (First state championship)
Damascus (H) vs. Oakdale (A)
Damascus won 21 - 14 (5th title since 2015)
Milford Mill (H) vs. Kent Island (A)
Milford Mill won 25 - 16 (Undefeated)
Dunbar (H) vs. Patuxent (A)
Dunbar won 22 - 13 (Undefeated and Back-to-Back Champions)
Mountain Ridge (H) vs. Fort Hill (A)
Fort Hill won 16 - 14 (Back-to-Back Champions)
SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD: ARUNDEL WILDCATS